Omega Presents the Seamaster Professional Planet Ocean Watch
Omega watches are best known for their affordability, sleekness and style, so when they created the Seamaster Professional Planet Ocean style watch, they made sure that none of that was sacrificed. The steel on leather strap look combines modern style with traditional sophistication in a watch, made especially for ocean and sea lovers.
There are many great features that come with the Seamaster Professional Planet Ocean watch such as:
- A helium escape valve
- Self-winding chronometer technology
- Unidirectional rotating bezel
- Screw-in crown
- Water resistant up to two thousand feet
- A domed scratch-resistant sapphire crystal
The unique feature of the helium escape valve is meant to protect the watch from extreme pressure conditions like being under water or conducting exploration for crude oil under ground. The decompression system protects your watch by letting the helium escape from it so your watch does not become damaged or worse.
Only watches that pass specific testing are given the distinction of having the chronometer label. A special certificate is given to watches who pass these tests and this one is no exception. The unidirectional rotating bezel makes it a lot easier to measure how much time has elapsed.
Do you live on or in Planet Ocean?!
Divers will find this feature of great use as their dives will not negatively affect the workings of the watch. A screw-in crown is also a feature that divers, love as it is what makes it water resistant. And this watch is highly resistant to water all the way to two thousand feet. Many stop much shorter of that depth before running into a problem. Finally, the domed scratch-resistant sapphire crystal assures you that with such a hard and durable material, scratching will not be an issue.
What owners Like About the Product
Owners of the Seamaster Professional Planet Ocean watch could not stop raving about it.
Among some of the features they found most impressive were:
- The combined look of the stainless steel with the colored strap
- The sixty hour power reserve
- The unique colors and style options for the straps
- What Buyers Do Not Like About the Product
If you are a serious diver or someone who enjoys diving on a regular basis, this watch is definitely something to consider. While other watches may be water resistant, this one provides a greater depth of resistance so you can enjoy your dives, without worrying about your watch. Besides that it can be worn as a casual masterpiece that really is eye catching and looks great on the beach, the club or just on any occasion. The Seamaster Professional Planet Ocean watch is as beautiful and inspiring as what you will find down below in the open waters.
Self-winding movement with Co-Axial Escapement for greater precision stability and durability. Free sprung-balance, 2 barrels mounted in series, automatic winding in both directions to reduce winding time. Visible bridges and the oscillating mass are decorated with exclusive Geneva waves in arabesque. (More…)
Domed scratch-resistant sapphire crystal with anti-reflective treatment on both sides
600 m (2000 feet)
42 mm or 44.5
- Chronometer – Label given to a watch which has undergone precision tests and received a certificate from an official body (COSC).
- Date – The day of the month, displayed in a window on a watch dial typically at the 3 o’clock or 6 o’clock position.
- Helium escape valve – Decompression system which allows helium to escape from inside the watch when the watch is worn for professional use in pressure chambers. (Long-term underwater work, crude oil exploration, etc.)
- Screw-in crown – Self-locking crown, screwed into the tube of the case, used for highly water resistant divers’ watches.
- Transparent case back – A transparent case back – frequently made of sapphire – makes it possible to see the movement inside the watch.
- Unidirectional rotating bezel – A bezel which turns in only one direction. Particularly useful for divers who cannot accidentally rotate it in the wrong direction, which could cause them to miscalculate their dive times. A rotating bezel makes it easy to measure elapsed time.